Sequential Batch Reactor
The biological stage of the wastewater treatment plant is designed as a “sequenced batch reactor “(SBR) and represents one of the most modern treatment concepts being used for sewage treatment plants. The central characteristics of the biological stage can be described as followed:
- The process takes place in one or more SBR-reactors, depending on the chosen plant design.
- Each SBR-reactor operates according to the activated sludge process, but with a modified operation-concept, which uses the reactor as an aeration tank as well as a clarification system.
- Due to the SBR process, an extensive removal of dissolved organic substances from the wastewater can be achieved by nitrification and denitrification as well as by the removal of phosphorus.
- The special characteristic of the SBR process is due to the fact that the individual process phases of an activated sludge plant (aerobic, anoxic and anaerobic, mixture as well as sedimentation) run along the time axis in one single tank. Thus, the times of the individual process stages are adapted to the load and thus the required effluent parameters can be maintained with security.
The purification of wastewater by SBR process has compared to traditional continuous flow process, a number of economic and technical advantages:
- Rugged cleaning performance even with fluctuating hydraulic and organic load
- Significant minimized footprint compared with conventional wastewater treatment plants with lower costs for civil works
- Technically mature and widely used method
- Economical operation of the plant
- Possible modular configuration of the plant adjusted to the current impact load
- Simple tank construction and geometry
- Excellent treatment performances due to Nitrification, Denitrification, Phosphate elimination and Disinfection depending on the requirements
- High operation safety / process stability
- Easy maintenance
The standard SBR-process can be explained by the following illustrations:
Treatment Process – working Principal
|Flow||:||10 to 5000 M3/day and more|
|Technology||:||sequenced batch reactor|
|Hydraulic retention time in SBR tank||14- 16 hrs|
|Organic load range||:||1 – 20 kg BOD/(m3*d)|
|Settling process||:||Batch Settling|
|Sludge recirculation rate||0 – 15 %|
|Polishing Treatment||:||Sand & Carbon Filters [ Optional]|
|Controls||:||Electrical / Microprocessor / PLC|
- All tank in civil with flexible positioning
- Proven design
- Systems available from 10 – 5000 kl/day and more
- Fully / semi-automatic controls
- Concert tank design enhance longevity
- Flexible Positing of tanks
- Expandable and flexible designs
- Completely above ground installation.
- Easy to install &expand.
- High removal efficiency for nitrogen, BOD & COD,
- Treated Water reuse in irrigation and grey water applications.
- Minimum maintenance requirements.
- Full technical, installation and operation support from trained and experienced Shubham Team.
- Proven Technology with reliable performance.
- Reuse of Wastewater in gardening application.
Onsite Sewage Treatment Plants are ideal for the following applications:
- Housing Project.
- Schools & hostels.
- Industrial Office &Parks.
- Small Communities.
- Recreational camps & travels trailer parks.
- Shopping Centres.
- Resorts, Golf Courses and country clubs.
- Rural Area Schools
And Many more where sewage disposal & reuse is compulsory